Thursday, February 26, 2009

Making friends with the POLICIA :)

Today we started our Directed Research projects. For my DR, I am working with one of the professors (and 2 students) investigating the role of sea turtle NGO's and community groups in enhancing local environmental awareness. Basically we go around different towns handing out surveys and/or doing interviews. Dining out is also a big theme of our project (I had delicious sopes and fries today!!!)

Today we surveyed people from San Carlos. My partner, Alyssa, and I spent most of our time chatting it up in the police station and giving the officers the surveys.

The station is hilarious. There is one small room with a single desk and a TV (which was playing "The Nanny" in Spanish) and a one cell...and that's about it. All in all we had a lot of fun. I definately need to work on my Spanish though.

No comments:

Post a Comment